Monday, June 1, 2009

Ohio... Did we move at all?

Today was the first day that Chance was tired and I was not! Hooray! That may sound crazy but I always am the bum in the morning so I was happy it was him once! Todays riding stared off quite chilly and due to the weather and the flatter terrain we were able to get in quite a few miles early on! We got to a point where we were at a very fast pace and I was going to get a drink of my water and dropped the bottle, so I stopped to grab it, as I got back on my bike and ready to ride my knee hurt so badly that I thought it was dead... I could not see Chance and I knew if I stopped I would end up being miles behind him. I started biking with just my right leg and probably did that for about 3 miles until Chance realized I was not behind him. Once we caught up to each other we stopped and took a break hoping my knee would work again. After about 30 mins I was ready to go. From then I was the leader incase I had to stop so he would know to stop as well. We stopped at Subway for lunch and a little break! It was then time to get back on the saddle and head into the wind that had picked up. Caution: this part in kinda sick so skip ahead if you are not ready:) I was biking along and an RV came crusing by and ran over an animal, it made a thud noise and blew out many chunks of the animal right besides me and in front of me. It was nasty and I thought I was going to throw up:P We got to about 60 miles and we were soooooo hungry and finally at 70 miles we were able to find a small bar called Heftys to eat! The nice man Art got us a free camp site from Ned and Joyce! So after eating up our food we headed over to the campsite, set up our home, washed up and hit the sack. All-in-all we road 73 miles today! Continue to pray for good weather!

No comments:

Chance and Kelly

Chance and Kelly