Saturday, June 6, 2009

CHICAGO!!!


Well we made it to Chicago after a very long 97 mile day! We got up from our campsite and let me tell you, the night before I was all set to hit Chicago and go the extra milage. However, when I woke up I was not feeling like I could make it. However, once lunch came around my knee was feeling well and Chance was like it is actually only 15 miles in the other direction if we bypass our camp ground and hit Chicago. So, we decided to go all the way! We got near the end of Indiana which only took us 1.5 days to get through and we started to hit the farthest ring of suburbs to Chicago. So we just kept biking without stopping because they are not the best of neighborhoods to ride through. By that point our bodies were dead up our minds were thinking about a comfortable place to stay and watching TV and doing nothing else. So the weather stayed nice and we made it to Harvey where it would take us into Chicago. We then get into Chicago and to another area to get to Ben's house in Warrenville. We then made it to Bens house around 10pm and called 3 pizza places until we were able to find one that would deliver! Eventually we did and were so happy to eat after not eating since 12:30 or so in the afternoon! It was nice to take a shower and fall asleep watching tv! To me the TV was like a new invention and for some crazy reason I was so happy! We actually stayed up unitl midnight holy cow! We usually go to bed by 9 pm at the latest! For those of you that are unaware, we are staying in Chicago for a few days to visit with my friend Ben who has been so kind to allow us to stay at his condo! Also, my family came down from the twin cities to celebrate my birthday with me! So today in Chicago we went to Navy Pier and went on a architectual boat tour of the city, then we went to eat and walked back to the hotel then went to 711 to get yummy ice cream! Thanks again for all of you who support us and read! One last day in Chicago tomorrow for my 23rd birthday and then it is off on the bikes again! Have a nice weekend!

No comments:

Chance and Kelly

Chance and Kelly