Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The last day of riding...

It's been a long time coming! Today was our day we would enter San Francisco. IT has been a very long 2.5 amazing months and we are ready to see the ocean and head home! The morning ride was quite easy as we zig zagged our way through city streets. We were headed to Dublin where we would get on the BART and head into San Francisco! My knee was bothering me quite a bit today but I kept my spirits high as we were excited to complete our journey! Chance was wonderful as always and worked with me so that I could feel strong the rest of the way. We knew this afternoon we would have our last larger climb. we had no idea what we were in for. As we approached this climb, we knew the summit would be roughly 1,500 ft and we started at 35 feet so we had a pretty good climb left in front of us. The first part of the climb was pretty gradual and a bit a of a head wind. Chance flew ahead as usual but I took my time as I always say the turtle wins the race! Eventually the wind picked up and things got a little crazy. I got blown off my bike 2 times and I was like screw it I have all day so I got off and walked. It got so windy I was stopped in my tracks and could not push m y bike. Eventually I saw Chance again making it to the top having to push his bike as well! The kind guy that he is, he ran back down to help me out! As he was pushing the wind just kept picking up, the wind was so strong at one point, that it actaully took two of us to push my bike. At the top we took our time and got ready to make our way down. we both had a great time going downhill and cruised into Panda Express for lunch and a little break before we our final lag of the trip.. After lunch it was a great ride, full of excitement we made our way to the BART station and got on and let out a deep breath! We made it! We were on our way into the city and talked with a few of the locals who were a big help. once we got off the BART we of course got back on our bikes and made our way over the Golden Gate bridge dodging the tourists on rentals and took our pics! The last task was to find the bike store. At the bike store they would box our bikes and ship them home for us! It was agreat feeling to be done! We were both exhausted and headed to our hotel for a shower, food and a night of relaxation! It's been a great trip!

No comments:

Chance and Kelly

Chance and Kelly