Tuesday, May 19, 2009

first few days...

Day1: Monday was our 1st day riding. It was an interesting day. I (Kelly) got a flat tire and we had to fix that. We have run into great people so far. At Action bike and outdoors we talked with a few guys who wished they could do what we are. I needed a new water bottle and they kindly gave us one free of charge. The riding was pretty good, a bit intense at points with the climbs but we also got a great down hill where we did not have to peddle for 4 miles! We ended up staying in Deleware Water Gap NationalnPark. Our site was good and our neighbors were great! The guys next door invited us to share their fire some brownies and they even gave Chance a beer! They shares some great stories as did chance and I. It's was a good first day!
Day 2: I will sum up today by what a guy we ran into said "most states they build roads around the mountains and we in PA build them over the mountains." So for me it was quite trying and Chance was a bit tired but as always was the stronger of us. We saw a lot of beautiful views and are now in a little town called Jim Thorpe. We are both tired my knee hurts but we are heading to bed and getting ready for our ride tomorrow! Thanks again for you following!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly and Chance,
I'm reading about your adventures. It was 97 degrees in MN yesterday. Hope you don't run (bike) with that too often! I will be looking forward to hearing all your tales!
Aunt Sue

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys - I'm the guy who told you about "in PA they build the roads over the mountains not around them"
I see you made it across PA and you can confirm that was a great downhill in to Jim Thrope. But quite a climb on rt 93
Good Luck have fun and be safe !
Barry from PA

Chance and Kelly

Chance and Kelly